The British Wheels on the Green 2022 vintage car and cycle show presented by the Arizona MG Car Club is hosting an event fundraiser because we want to help the Phoenix Children’s Child Life Toy Program continue its amazing work for kids.
Play is the “work” of kids. Phoenix Children's Toy Program is dedicated to making sure staff have access to the age and situational appropriate toys and activities they need to support each child. Some of the ways Child Life use toys to deliver on Phoenix Children's mission include:
- Distracting children during painful treatment and procedures
- Decreasing anxiety by showing kids what to expect during an upcoming medical procedure
- Minimize stress through familiar games and activities
- Using toys & games as a communication tool for children who struggle to share their feelings and fears
- Rewarding and motivating children to reach important health milestones
- Facilitating physical rehabilitation via play
- Normalizing stays in the hospital with play as a respite
Phoenix Children's is no longer accepting in-kind toys from the community due to the pandemic and lack of storage. To continue to provide toys for patients, donor funding is needed.
Child Life will order age and developmentally appropriate toys on an as-needed, direct ship, basis to ensure staff have access to toys and activities for children and teens in their care.
Please support our fundraiser—and Phoenix Children’s Hospital.